Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Roblox crashing

Hello, please help.

I got my daughter a used iphone 6 (iOS 12.5.7)

When she loads up Roblox (especially Brookhaven), it crashes right out of the game.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox

Clearing cache and browser history

Confirming date and time are correct

Making sure all other apps are closed

I was getting a low memory error message, but then I changed the time/date to auto update and that fixed it. Maybe coincidence, but that was the timing of when the low memory notice stopped. Now it just crashes out of Roblox completely, no error.

Thank you in advance!

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 8:16 PM

Hello, please help.

When she loads up Roblox (especially Brookhaven), it crashes right out of the game.

I have tried:

Sometimes I get low memory error code 292, but not always. Sometimes it just crashes and closes Roblox, no message. I have restarted the phone and ensured no other apps are running.

Thank you in advance!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 8:16 PM in response to jimrogers0101

Hello, please help.

I have tried:

Sometimes I get low memory error code 292, but not always. Sometimes it just crashes and closes Roblox, no message. I have restarted the phone and ensured no other apps are running.

Thank you in advance!

Mar 14, 2023 8:22 PM in response to jimrogers0101

jimrogers0101 Said:

"Roblox crashing: [...]I was getting a low memory error message, but then I changed the time/date to auto update and that fixed it. Maybe coincidence, but that was the timing of when the low memory notice stopped. Now it just crashes out of Roblox completely, no error.[...]"

-------

You may need to clear space...

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

Mar 14, 2023 8:49 PM in response to jimrogers0101

jimrogers0101 Said:

"Is it a storage issue? I assumed it was referring to Ram when it said low memory error. My storage is 32Gb, and I'm using 11Gb now. Shouldn't there be plenty of room still? Thank you for help by the way!"

-------

Memory Vs. Internal Storage:

Memory would be RAM, and RAM is mean for multitasking. If lots of resources are being used, then multitasking is having issues here. So...

A. Clear Space:

Clear space as mentioned above.

Close All Apps:

An app is accessing your audio. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up wkly for all apps..

Apr 14, 2023 6:43 PM in response to jimrogers0101

I think that the phone she is using is too old. Can you be more specific if it was a 6s, 6+, or 6s+? Also, the new Roblox update makes it so that you can't play on any 32-bit devices. If you want to play, go to appstore > my purchases and then click Roblox. You may have to sign into your iCloud on your daughter's phone depending on if she already has Roblox. Then click download the last supported version. And it should start downloading. NOTE: It will crash on some games that take high power. I am not sure if Brookhaven is one of them though.

Roblox crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.