Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Do Anything Manually About "Trust Certificate"

Hello! My iPhone 12 mini does not have the manually adjustable "Trust Certificate" page and I want to know how I can change that. When I try to use a certain types of public wifi, mostly at stores and shops in downtown, my old hotmail certificate pops up as "untrusted". It literally blocks me from getting on the wifi that I need to use, and I do not remember using hotmail on this phone, at least for the past 10 plus years.

My solution to this is to reset the network setting, restart the phone and try it again. It has worked at some places like Starbucks for instance, but not always. I have kept resetting the setting having to be bothered to type in all the passwords that the phone was supposed to reserve for me. And it does not work all the time, and most of the time I just have to give up and hope for the miracles.

I do not understand that it keeps showing "hotmail certificate"! It looks like there are some sorts of wifi that cause it to happen. It feels wrong to have it in the system, especially when it messes around like that. Can I delete it completely?

Another problem is that my iphone does not seem to have the manual adjustment function. It says 2022070700 for the "Trust Store Version" and "Trust Asset Version" is 20, and I cannot change that. There is nothing below them, nothing to toggle or click on. How can I manually trust the certs that pop up like that?

The iOS Version is 16.3.1, and I have one physical SIM and one e-SIM. The phone is not broken.

Please, can someone help me out?

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:39 PM

Is this your corporate iPhone? Do you have any profile installed by your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management then please contact the system administrator of your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management

If you have installed any profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate. Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM).

Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 10:39 PM in response to yuki70

Is this your corporate iPhone? Do you have any profile installed by your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management then please contact the system administrator of your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management

If you have installed any profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate. Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM).

Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS ...

Can't Do Anything Manually About "Trust Certificate"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.