Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is this a safari problem

Here is a screenshot of me trying to get on IG. I logged out of my main account and have trying for days to register a second account. I can get in on my phone though the app, but not safari. It is it something in my history?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 12:09 PM

You could try deleting any stored data for that web site.

1. Open Safari
  2. Choose Settings under the Safari menu
  3. Select Privacy
  4. Select "Manage Website Data..."
  5. Type "Instagram" in the search field
  6. Remove the instagram files that show up.

Note: This action will remove any cookies also, so things like login id or site specific preferences will need to be entered again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 12:09 PM in response to nelsonmay

You could try deleting any stored data for that web site.

1. Open Safari
  2. Choose Settings under the Safari menu
  3. Select Privacy
  4. Select "Manage Website Data..."
  5. Type "Instagram" in the search field
  6. Remove the instagram files that show up.

Note: This action will remove any cookies also, so things like login id or site specific preferences will need to be entered again.

Mar 15, 2023 1:08 PM in response to nelsonmay

nelsonmay wrote:

It keeps redirecting to this address: https://ig-thrift.instagram.com/accounts/suspended/?next=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.instagram.com%2F%3F__coig_ufac%3D1

Even when I google instagram, and try to click the link I get this URL. Have they done something to my IP? Are they blocking Safari on my M1?

When I click in your Link above .

I too get the Exact Same Results as your computer.

But with I click on the link proved by @ Mac Jim ID which is www.instagram.com

This is using an Apple Computer running Ventura 13.2.1 with Safari 16.3

Mar 15, 2023 11:13 AM in response to nelsonmay

Are you getting this result from typing www.instagram.com into the address bar or selecting a bookmark?

The homepage of instagram is www.instagram.com, but it appears you are being redirected to a different site.

I suggest putting the full www.instagram.com into the address bar, then signing into your account from there. This should avoid any misdirection from a previous site you may have visited.

is this a safari problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.