Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar search not working

I'm having an issue with the search function in the Calendar app on my MacOs, where it doesn't bring any search results. This problem persists across different versions of MacOs, as I've updated my system several times. However, when I use the Calendar app on different iPhones with various iOS versions, I don't encounter this problem. What could be causing this discrepancy, and how can I resolve it on my Mac?

I came across a suggested solution of the problem similar to my problem (macOS 12.1: Calendar searching with no re… - Apple Community), but unfortunately, following the advice didn't resolve my issue. Are there any other potential solutions I could try?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 1:37 PM

I'd like to share a solution that helped me with this issue, in hopes that it may be useful to someone else. Here are the steps I took:

1. Turn off the Calendar feature in iCloud on your Mac.
  2. Restart your Mac, which is experiencing the issue.
  3. Turn the Calendar feature back on in iCloud and wait for a while, as some calendars or events may take several hours to update.

After following these steps, I was able to successfully use the search function again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 1:37 PM in response to zzomrot

I'd like to share a solution that helped me with this issue, in hopes that it may be useful to someone else. Here are the steps I took:

1. Turn off the Calendar feature in iCloud on your Mac.
  2. Restart your Mac, which is experiencing the issue.
  3. Turn the Calendar feature back on in iCloud and wait for a while, as some calendars or events may take several hours to update.

After following these steps, I was able to successfully use the search function again.

Mar 16, 2023 6:25 PM in response to zzomrot

Hi zzomrot,

If you are not getting search results in Calendar and reindexing Spotlight per the link you included didn't help, a good next step will be to test in safe mode. How to use safe mode on your Mac covers how to perform that test and the subsequent steps depending on the results.

Also, index spotlight. Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

If those subsequent steps are not able to address the behavior, reach out to Apple Support to investigate further.

Regards.

Calendar search not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.