Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it true that "Shortcuts" cannot Paste anything?

The "Shortcuts" App. I have used it successfully to have F1 "Copy" by using the Action "Copy to keyboard" and it works.

However when searching for a "Paste" Action, there does not appear to be one. I found "Get Clipboard" but that does not paste the text to the screen. Is that other people's experience?

I'm getting tired of command (control / whatever) and C or V to paste. It's given me severe carpal tunnel in my left hand only over the years. The "Claw" shaped hand doctors inform me cause/assist/aggravate peripheral neuropathy and carpal tunnel.

Is there a way to have Shortcuts "Paste"? (Please do not discuss any 3rd party "free" or paid keyboard re-mapers as too many spying keyboard loggers appear bundled with these "free" software applications.

It would be nice if the shortcuts "Help" menu option would show "we deliberately prevent a pasting shortcut" - when you search for "paste" under help, if that is the case.

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 6:38 AM

Thanks Barney!

After creating a "Run AppleScript with" (instead of a 'Run Shell Script') I was able to achieve this with the following script

on run {input, parameters}
	tell application "System Events" to keystroke "v" using {command down}
	return input
end run

This then resulted in the error "system events got an error: shortcuts is not allowed to send keystrokes."

Which was solved by: under security preferences, I needed to give access to BOTH Shortcuts and siriactionsd as also shown here:

Keystroke command not working in s… | Apple Developer Forums

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 6:38 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks Barney!

After creating a "Run AppleScript with" (instead of a 'Run Shell Script') I was able to achieve this with the following script

on run {input, parameters}
	tell application "System Events" to keystroke "v" using {command down}
	return input
end run

This then resulted in the error "system events got an error: shortcuts is not allowed to send keystrokes."

Which was solved by: under security preferences, I needed to give access to BOTH Shortcuts and siriactionsd as also shown here:

Keystroke command not working in s… | Apple Developer Forums

Is it true that "Shortcuts" cannot Paste anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.