Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing iPhone 11 w/MacBook Pro

I unable to pair my iPhone 11 W/new MacBook Pro as MB reads my iPhone as 6, then states "Pairing Unsuccessful "Yvonne's MacBook Pro" is not supported." What does this mean? How do I pair the two? Thank you?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 2:06 PM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported.

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

and see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 2:06 PM in response to AI-Sunnana

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported.

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

and see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

Pairing iPhone 11 w/MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.