Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant

During transfer from old Mac to new MacBook using Migration Assistant it seems that file transfer is stuck on same number of filed transferred without seen progress for an hour, is it normal?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 2:00 PM

transfers may take many hours depending upon number of files, mine took a half day, I had a lot of files and programs. I had "stuck" issues using wireless and found the solution is to use an ethernet cable to link. There should be visible progress, so start again with an ethernet cable.

2 replies

Apr 8, 2023 12:58 PM in response to Charles Palenz

My transfer from Time Machine to new refurb 2020 Intel iMac via USB looks like it will take about 10 days to load 500 GB at 1.3MB/sec (1/3 of the bar after 3 days). Sometimes I get a file every 5 seconds or so. I'm sure glad my 2015 iMac still works perfectly, except for being stuck on Monterey, where no more Xcode development is possible for latest iOS.

Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.