Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contact location

why am I not able to view everyone's iPhone location in my contact when I select info?

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 6:32 PM

Do you get a map that just says "locating" and nothing comes up?

The person who you can no longer see needs to go to: Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Share My Location. On that screen flip the "Share My Location" switch to On. If they have this switch to Off, then you will just see a map that says "locating".

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 6:32 PM in response to Salomie

Do you get a map that just says "locating" and nothing comes up?

The person who you can no longer see needs to go to: Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Share My Location. On that screen flip the "Share My Location" switch to On. If they have this switch to Off, then you will just see a map that says "locating".

Mar 15, 2023 5:12 PM in response to Salomie

Not sure what you mean by "location in my contact when I select info".

Use the Find My app to view your friends location after they have given you permission. You must also share your location with them. Here is how to do it in the Find My app.

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

If this is what you are doing and still having trouble, maybe provide a privacy redacted screen shot.

contact location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.