Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird standing time calculation by Apple Watch

Hi! Super happy owner of an Apple Watch 7. I seem to be having a lot more time as standing than I actually do. And I came across this example with pretty much shows it: not even 20 minutes into a new day I already have 1 hour standing. How can that be? Thanks in advance!

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 12:02 AM

Standing up 1 minute during one hour will count as standing up:

Apple Watch - Close Your Rings - Apple

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around to earn credit for standing.

copied from: Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 12:02 AM in response to CoolDudePT

Standing up 1 minute during one hour will count as standing up:

Apple Watch - Close Your Rings - Apple

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around to earn credit for standing.

copied from: Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Weird standing time calculation by Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.