Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi connection drops when screen sleeps

A few weeks ago I upgraded to macOS Ventura 13.2.1 now, whenever the screen sleeps, the the wi-fi connection drops and the router has to be selected manually when I return to the iMac. This issue did not exist prior to the macOS Ventura upgrade.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 12:17 PM

There are 3 things I would try:

Go to System Settings > Network, then choose the "..." dropdown menu and Locations. Make sure this is set to "Automatic"

The other thing I would try is to delete all known networks. This will require you to sign back into them with the password again. First shut off wifi in the menu bar, then go to System Settings > Network > WiFi > and click the Advanced button on the bottom of the page. In the Known Networks section, tap the circle with 3 dots on each network and "Remove from List". Turn the wifi back on and join your network.

The last thing is to go to System Settings > Network, then choose the "..." dropdown menu and "Set Service Order". Drag Wi-Fi to the top of the list.

Does your wifi connection drop at other times or only when put to sleep?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 12:17 PM in response to David9999

There are 3 things I would try:

Go to System Settings > Network, then choose the "..." dropdown menu and Locations. Make sure this is set to "Automatic"

The other thing I would try is to delete all known networks. This will require you to sign back into them with the password again. First shut off wifi in the menu bar, then go to System Settings > Network > WiFi > and click the Advanced button on the bottom of the page. In the Known Networks section, tap the circle with 3 dots on each network and "Remove from List". Turn the wifi back on and join your network.

The last thing is to go to System Settings > Network, then choose the "..." dropdown menu and "Set Service Order". Drag Wi-Fi to the top of the list.

Does your wifi connection drop at other times or only when put to sleep?

Wi-Fi connection drops when screen sleeps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.