You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX freeze while opening an old project and doing "Security copy"

Im trying to open a library done in an old version of FCPX in the latest one. FCPX told me to update library, obviously, and I accept. Then it do "security copy" of my library, before open it, an then, it freeze showing the "doing security copy" window. I must force quit.

I'm on a Mac Studio M1. Im triying to copy the library to different drives and don't works. The content is in the library.

I don't know what to do... I need to open the library!

Thanks in advance.

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 3:52 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 16, 2023 5:07 AM in response to albertgin

Please what is the format used on the drives?

The process never completed? It can be quite slow with a very large library. How big is it? How much free space on the drives?

Please post an EtreCheck report https://etrecheck.com giving the application Full Disk Access in Privacy & Security System Settings. Copy the report and use the Add Text button to paste the result into reply box. 

FCPX freeze while opening an old project and doing "Security copy"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.