Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open FCPX library

Hello! I have a FCPX library I created in 2019 which I can’t open. When I try, I get the “need to update” message in Final Cut. I click update, and then I see the loading window with a progress bar but the program just hangs. I see the spinning color wheel and eventually I need to Force Quit the program (FCPX not responding).

I’ve tried opening a copy of this library from my back up, but with the same results.

I am running FCPX V10.4.10 on a late 2015 iMac running Mojave V10.14.6 with 32 GB of memory.

I googled the problem and I’ve seen suggestions of opening the library package and trashing locked files, but what I saw didn’t match the description in the article so I was hesitant to try anything.

Thank you in advance for any help!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 7:15 PM

Well, blow me down, the library opened! This is amazing!! I can not thank you enough. Two questions: 1) should I do something special to save this now? and 2) where do you want your gift basket sent?!

Similar questions

12 replies

can't open FCPX library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.