Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPx app is up-to-date, but cannot open libraries from a "more updated" version?

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out with this one...!!

I've been trying to open my Final Cut libraries all day but still cannot seem to get access — this is the message that keeps coming up:

The document “____” could not be opened. One or more of the libraries were created with a newer version of Final Cut Pro. These libraries will be ignored.

I updated the iMac with the latest software update (macOS Big Sur 11.4), and I've gone into the App Store to see that the FCPx app itself doesn't need any more updates...

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

I normally work on a different iMac at work, but I've been lended this other one from the office (thanks, Covid).

This is never happened before and I'm not sure what to do about it (eek)!

Any help/suggestions/advice/feedback is much appreciated!

TIA!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 1:28 AM

If one has a personal copy of FCP, the way to update is to login in the App Store with one's Apple Id and look for updates.

If this was an application paid for by your employer, the rules may be different.

Similar questions

3 replies

FCPx app is up-to-date, but cannot open libraries from a "more updated" version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.