Updating a Final Cut Pro Library Unexpectedly Quits

Hello Friends!

I've read articles on FCP quitting unexpectedly on launch or quitting when working in a certain library... but I have a slightly different variable I can't quite figure out.

I am attempting to open a Final Cut Library I last opened two months ago, and am asked to update it to work with the current version of FCP (v10.6.6)... but after processing for a couple minutes, FCP will "quit unexpectedly".

I've restarted the computer, but not sure what else might be effecting this process. And I'd sure appreciate any suggestions!

Thank you!

- Trevor

Computer: 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2017

Processor: 3.1 GHz Dual-core Intel Core I5

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Memory: 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

macOS: Ventura 13.2.1

FCPX: 10.6.6

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 5:24 AM

Here is a suggestion

1) Get ahold of the previous version of FCP. If you didn’t make a copy before updating, you can retrieve it from your Time Machine backup

2) Using the old version:

2a) if the media is stored inside the library, select a location on the same drive, and consolidate

2b) export XML of your library

3) Using the new version, import XML

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 5:24 AM in response to trevorfrommontclair

Here is a suggestion

1) Get ahold of the previous version of FCP. If you didn’t make a copy before updating, you can retrieve it from your Time Machine backup

2) Using the old version:

2a) if the media is stored inside the library, select a location on the same drive, and consolidate

2b) export XML of your library

3) Using the new version, import XML

Updating a Final Cut Pro Library Unexpectedly Quits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.