Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of touch ID access

This morning when I opened my MacBook Pro, it asked me for a pass code to unlock touch ID. I typed what I thought was my pass code, the same thing that has always worked, and it is not working. How do I get access to my pass code or have it changed to something so I can use touch ID again?

BRAVIA4KVH2,

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 6:23 AM

If you have forgotten your Mac login passcode; after trying three attempts, you should find an option to reset your passcode with your Apple ID.

From there, you simply follow the prompts and your Mac should simply restart like normal.

NOTE: You may need to sign back into iCloud and other services after the successful login.

For a complete step-by-step guide, click here.

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ macOS User Guide. 📖

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 6:23 AM in response to ElizGaucher

If you have forgotten your Mac login passcode; after trying three attempts, you should find an option to reset your passcode with your Apple ID.

From there, you simply follow the prompts and your Mac should simply restart like normal.

NOTE: You may need to sign back into iCloud and other services after the successful login.

For a complete step-by-step guide, click here.

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ macOS User Guide. 📖

Locked out of touch ID access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.