Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix apple music (desktop) from skipping the end of songs (not streaming, they're in my library)

One of my most favourite songs skips the last 20 or so seconds when I play it through apple music. I'm not streaming and it's on my Macbook Pro. I can't get this to stop, if I scroll past it will play the song in its entirety.

Sadly I've come across posts from last year but with no solution. Is there one or do I have to go back to vinyl?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 1:40 PM

It may be that the song file got corrupted somehow. Try deleting it and then redownload it (maybe after a restart). See the 'Redownload music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac' section. in:

Redownload music - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 17, 2023 9:52 AM in response to javaliga

It's more than one song. The one I'm referring to in my post worked fine yesterday and doesn't work today.

It literally jumps to the end of the song. If I scroll back to the part that it skipped it plays till the end.

I added the exact same song to my iPhone and it plays fine. Only oh my Macbook does this issue occur.

Update, thinking more about your comments I made a copy of the song. (It was a limited download I can't get it again) Removed the one in apple music that wasn't working correctly, added the copy of it back. It plays fine. Problem solved for that one song but I don't want to do that for ALL the songs that have issues.

How to fix apple music (desktop) from skipping the end of songs (not streaming, they're in my library)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.