Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music player on MacOS

When is Apple going to fix the Music app? Every single time I open up this app, it goes through over 20,000 songs looking for gapless playback. How does one stop this? I have scoured YouTube, several forums, etc, to no avail.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 8:42 AM

Try holding down option+cmd to open Music in safe mode which can fix certain internal issues with the library. If this is an outstanding task that needs to be completed it may still occur, but hopefully this time the results will be saved and Music will open normally on a subsequent run.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 18, 2022 8:47 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your response. I have however recreated the library several times, and I just tried your recommendation, without any avail.

My complaint really is to Apple. I am actually quite amazed at how buggy the music app is. Certainly there must be many developers in Apple that use this app? And they have enormous cash reserves - what could be the reason why they don't put out stellar software products? I mean, this app is NOT anything new. Music players have been around for decades!

Apple Music player on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.