Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message from XProtect Remediator v93

Today I received an update to XProtect Remediator v93. The most recent scans today show this error:

DubRobber ⚠️{"caused_by":[],"status_message":"BadPluginServiceSignature","status_code":31,"execution_duration":6.6995620727539062e-05}

What does this mean and how can I fix it? I've run Malwarebytes (free version) and Bitdefender Antivirus for the Mac and neither shows any quarantined viruses. Device is a M1 2000 Macbook Pro.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 5:04 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2023 5:35 PM in response to dfb-mbp

Hi there dfb-mbp,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities.

Based on the error you're describing, we would recommend first seeing if you can replicate it in safe mode. This will help us isolate potential conflicting software, and possibly repair issues found on your startup disk. To learn more about why safe mode can be helpful, how to boot to it, and what to do with your findings, please review How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Booting to safe mode on its own may even resolve the issue.

If the issue continues after that, see if it also continues in a new user. A new user account will help us determine if the issue might be stemming from something specific to your user account, such as particular software that is running or other data you have: Add a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

Should you still need some help after that, we recommend getting in touch with Apple Support directly. They will have access to the tools and resources necessary to investigate what is occurring with XProtect. You can get in touch with them here: Get Support.

Have a wonderful day!

Mar 18, 2023 6:04 PM in response to dfb-mbp

dfb-mbp wrote:

Today I received an update to XProtect Remediator v93. The most recent scans today show this error:

DubRobber ⚠️{"caused_by":[],"status_message":"BadPluginServiceSignature","status_code":31,"execution_duration":6.6995620727539062e-05}

XProtect runs in the background. It doesn't have any user interface. There is nothing you need to be looking for.

I have seen certain social media influencers who tell people that they need to constantly monitor these logs. That's just fear-mongering. Don't believe what you read on the internet. It isn't true.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

It means nothing. There is nothing for you to fix.

Apple's log files are famous for being filled with junk. Apple itself calls this "Log Noise" and describes it here: On Log Noise | Apple Developer Forums

Who are you going to believe? Someone who write blogs? Or the people who wrote the operating system itself?

Error message from XProtect Remediator v93

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.