Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac M1 24” got stuck and mouse not moving. I tried to restart, but it keeps going back to the same page.

Have you had this problem and how to fix?

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 10:04 AM

I called Apple hotline. The first guy told me to do a soft boot and all that and even asked me to reload the whole computer from scratch! I asked for a second person and she is great! She said it could be just the bluetooth connection of the mouse. I reconnect the mouse with the cable to the back of the Mac, then it's back on. Just like that!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 10:04 AM in response to Keith Barkley

I called Apple hotline. The first guy told me to do a soft boot and all that and even asked me to reload the whole computer from scratch! I asked for a second person and she is great! She said it could be just the bluetooth connection of the mouse. I reconnect the mouse with the cable to the back of the Mac, then it's back on. Just like that!

Mar 17, 2023 6:05 AM in response to Trustfated

Sometimes it helps to turn the mouse off and then on again.

You should also have a wired mouse/keyboard on hand for emergencies.

If it is the login page it is stuck on, the password field should be active by default. You might try to use the charging cable and plug the keyboard in. (At least, unlike the mouse, you can use the keyboard as a wired one while charging!)

My iMac M1 24” got stuck and mouse not moving. I tried to restart, but it keeps going back to the same page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.