Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reactions in iMessage

Why is the heart reaction in iMessage sometimes light pink and sometimes a darker pink/red?

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 6:34 AM

If you send the blue iMessages, the heart appears more pink, with a blue background. When you send the green SMS messages, the heart appears slightly darker with a green background.

There is no particular reason for it otherwise.

iMessages Heart:

SMS Messages Heart:

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 6:34 AM in response to fairmeg

If you send the blue iMessages, the heart appears more pink, with a blue background. When you send the green SMS messages, the heart appears slightly darker with a green background.

There is no particular reason for it otherwise.

iMessages Heart:

SMS Messages Heart:

Mar 17, 2023 11:26 AM in response to fairmeg

Yes, I can see that, it's because Increase Contrast is activated.

Go to: Settings Accessibility Display & Text Size → disable Increase Contrast.

Try going back to the message and see if it doesn't look like the one on my screenshots from my first reply.

From my iPhone, with Increase Contrast enabled:

Mar 17, 2023 11:48 AM in response to fairmeg

I can see it. Close the Messages app completely by swiping up to the center of the screen, and swipe the Messages app up and away. Try opening the Messages app again. What do you see?

Mar 17, 2023 12:09 PM in response to fairmeg

You're welcome. I noticed on my own iPhone, when I disabled Increase Contrast, the color didn't change back until I restarted the Messages app, so I was prepared for you to ask.

Reactions in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.