Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intaglio can not open files

I have two problems with Intaglio:

item 1 I try to open an existing document. Answer of PGM 'Document can not be opened Error null.

item 2 I try to open an existing document. Answer of PGM some character sets not found Intaglio react no more and restart of PGM required.

I'm using version 3.9.5. Some other documents I can open.

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 7:45 AM

The Intaglio developer has been gone for a long while now. There is no product support, and applications have a shelf life before they are too old for new operating system releases. You should consider a contemporary replacement application, whether free or fee.

10 replies

Mar 21, 2023 12:29 PM in response to LauraStar

Here's the last word on Intaglio. The developer abandoned it in 2020 and he has not been reachable by other Intaglio users seeking support.

LibreOffice can open AppleWorks/ClarisWorks drawing documents, and GraphicConverter can open and save all other formats that Intaglio could handle. There is a free trial of GraphicConverter from the developer site where it can be purchased (or the Mac App Store) for about half of what Intaglio cost. GraphicConverter has been in continuous development since 1992.

Neither LibreOffice nor GraphicConverter can open any proprietary Intaglio documents if the application generated them.

Mar 22, 2023 7:47 AM in response to LauraStar

No one here can make an application that was abandoned by its developer in 2020 work perfectly on newer operating systems that it was not designed to work on. Not really helpful? I gave you two alternatives to an unsupported product that at some point, you will need to weigh the cost of productivity loss against what you believe your time is worth.

One can download Intaglio 3.9.5 from Archive dot org all day long, still remains unsupported, and in useless demo mode without a valid license.

Intaglio can not open files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.