Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is not able to make FaceTime calls and it's only a Wi-Fi iPad not cellular and FaceTime works on my iPhone

How can I fix FaceTime calls on my iPad

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:14 AM

Hello Babaruop,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to make FaceTime calls on your iPad. We have a few steps that may help you resolve this. Check those out below.

If you can't make or receive a FaceTime call on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"You need a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to use FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad. Otherwise, you might have issues for one of these reasons.

Check whether a FaceTime feature is available

Update your FaceTime settings after you set up a new device

If you experience issues with receiving a FaceTime call after set up, update your device with the following steps:

1. Update your device to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS if needed.
  2. In the Settings app, tap Cellular. Make sure that your phone line turned on. If you use multiple SIMs, make sure that the phone number you want to use is selected and turned on.
  3. In the Settings app, tap FaceTime. Turn FaceTime off and then back on.
  4. Tap the phone number that you want to use with FaceTime.

If you have issues with Messages after you set up a new device, you can also update your Messages settings."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 11:14 AM in response to Babaruop

Hello Babaruop,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to make FaceTime calls on your iPad. We have a few steps that may help you resolve this. Check those out below.

If you can't make or receive a FaceTime call on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"You need a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to use FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad. Otherwise, you might have issues for one of these reasons.

Check whether a FaceTime feature is available

Update your FaceTime settings after you set up a new device

If you experience issues with receiving a FaceTime call after set up, update your device with the following steps:

1. Update your device to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS if needed.
  2. In the Settings app, tap Cellular. Make sure that your phone line turned on. If you use multiple SIMs, make sure that the phone number you want to use is selected and turned on.
  3. In the Settings app, tap FaceTime. Turn FaceTime off and then back on.
  4. Tap the phone number that you want to use with FaceTime.

If you have issues with Messages after you set up a new device, you can also update your Messages settings."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

My iPad is not able to make FaceTime calls and it's only a Wi-Fi iPad not cellular and FaceTime works on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.