Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MTB and Apple Watch ultra

My experience with apple watch ultra and mtb has been disastrous: having my mtb computer with a flat battery, I decided to let apple watch ultra do the job, well, in a 45km ride it only scored 10 km, why? because at the first jolt the side keys paused the clock and screwed up the track, I noticed it halfway around and said, never mind, I restarted it, nothing here too at the first jolt it paused again. the same thing happened to me with garmin phoenix, these side keys are not good with off-road, the bike computer is better in any case at the moment. nice toy but in some sport it has some flaws

Is there a way to disable the pause function with the side keys? iif not, please implement it, thanks

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 5:24 AM

Watch app on iphone

My Watch

Workout

Turn off press to pause.

However the press to pause requires both crown and side button to be pressed together.

You can lock the screen against accidental  tapping by hand or loose clothing by using Water Lock, or consult this article 

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

Skin pigmentation and Tattoos will affect the light transmission required by the wrist detection and HRM on the back of the watch 

Make sure the Watch is snug fit - you should get pinkie between strap and wrist but not easily your thumb. 

Wearing on the other wrist or further up the arm may help but there is no other workaround for tattoos which affect all makes of sports watch 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2023 5:24 AM in response to Rasxweb

Watch app on iphone

My Watch

Workout

Turn off press to pause.

However the press to pause requires both crown and side button to be pressed together.

You can lock the screen against accidental  tapping by hand or loose clothing by using Water Lock, or consult this article 

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

Skin pigmentation and Tattoos will affect the light transmission required by the wrist detection and HRM on the back of the watch 

Make sure the Watch is snug fit - you should get pinkie between strap and wrist but not easily your thumb. 

Wearing on the other wrist or further up the arm may help but there is no other workaround for tattoos which affect all makes of sports watch 

MTB and Apple Watch ultra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.