Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black horizontal lines on my MacBook pro 13 touch bar 2019

Hi! the display of my MacBook Pro 13 2019 has horizontal black lines that change by changing the tilt of the screen. They appeared suddenly and no physical damage had been done to the device. Taking a screenshot the lines aren't visible so I would rule out a software problem. I have read about other users who had the same problem and it seems to be due to a hardware factory defect. The device is out of warranty but I know that for problems like this there is an extended warranty for repairs. What do I have to do?

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 11:32 AM

EfromItaly wrote:

Hi! the display of my MacBook Pro 13 2019 has horizontal black lines that change by changing the tilt of the screen. They appeared suddenly and no physical damage had been done to the device. Taking a screenshot the lines aren't visible so I would rule out a software problem. I have read about other users who had the same problem and it seems to be due to a hardware factory defect. The device is out of warranty but I know that for problems like this there is an extended warranty for repairs. What do I have to do?

You have a hardware issue, take it in for assessment an/or repair and your path forward will be spelled out.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2023 11:32 AM in response to EfromItaly

EfromItaly wrote:

You have a hardware issue, take it in for assessment an/or repair and your path forward will be spelled out.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Black horizontal lines on my MacBook pro 13 touch bar 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.