Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone

I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro. recently I started to keep switch on all location services and after that, when I shutdown the mobile, I got an popup that my iPhone is findable after power off. then I tapped "ok" then power off. then I switched on and off again. on 2nd time I didn't get that notification under the "slide to power off" I disabled all location services and enabled again and again. but Still it's not working and device is not findable after power off. why is that ? can anyone give me an solution for this ?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:57 AM

Switched Off? Still traceable: Even if the iPhone is switched off it is findable, see the pic below.

iPhone is findable even when powered off. (iOS 15 and above)

Did you enable Find My network? See the pic below

If yes, read below how it may get located.

The Find My network is an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices that can help you locate your device.

From the above, I infer that when another device comes in close proximity to your powered-off device the GPS from both devices will form a network and your device's location info will be displayed to you on your device only. As long as both devices are/have...

• Find My Network is enabled
  • iPhone 11, 12, 13, 14, and above
  • With iOS 15 and above versions

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 6:57 AM in response to asangafromcolombo

Switched Off? Still traceable: Even if the iPhone is switched off it is findable, see the pic below.

iPhone is findable even when powered off. (iOS 15 and above)

Did you enable Find My network? See the pic below

If yes, read below how it may get located.

The Find My network is an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices that can help you locate your device.

From the above, I infer that when another device comes in close proximity to your powered-off device the GPS from both devices will form a network and your device's location info will be displayed to you on your device only. As long as both devices are/have...

• Find My Network is enabled
  • iPhone 11, 12, 13, 14, and above
  • With iOS 15 and above versions

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

Mar 19, 2023 6:58 AM in response to asangafromcolombo

Have you enabled Low Power Mode?

When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone or iPad will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. Also, some tasks might not work until you turn off Low Power Mode, or until you charge your iPhone or iPad to 80% or higher.

Low Power Mode reduces or affects these features:

• 5G (except for video streaming) on iPhone 12 models1
  • Auto-Lock (defaults to 30 seconds)
  • Display brightness
  • Display refresh rate (limited up to 60 Hz) on iPhone and iPad models with ProMotion display2
  • Some visual effects
  • iCloud Photos (temporarily paused)
  • Automatic downloads
  • Email fetch
  • Background app refresh

When Low Power Mode is on, the battery in the status bar will be yellow. You'll see a yellow battery icon  and the battery percentage. After you charge your iPhone or iPad to 80% or higher, Low Power Mode automatically turns off.

1. On iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max, Low Power Mode disables 5G (except in some cases like video streaming and large downloads) and also disables 5G Standalone (where available).

2. These devices have ProMotion display: iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, all iPad Pro 11-inch models, and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) and later.

Find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.