Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my iphone problem

Find my iphone keeps sending my location all the time. I tried every solution i could find online but none worked. It is the only thing i have turned on so i do know that it is that what is sending my location all the te time. Started after i updated to ios 15. How can i prevent it from sending location constant without turning the feature of?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 12:04 PM

Hi tmg1961, 

If you are seeing the hollow arrow, that is correct that the location may be shared under certain conditions.

Thanks

6 replies

Oct 5, 2021 6:13 PM in response to tmg1961

Hi tmg1961,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about location and Find My. We're happy to provide some information to help.

Can you tell us more about what you mean by it is sending your location? Are you getting a notification? Is someone else getting a notification with your location? With Find My Enabled, it's expected that it will see your current location so if necessary you can locate your device. See more on that here: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or Mac

Thanks

Oct 6, 2021 12:18 AM in response to Stevi_S

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

When i turn find my iPhone on there is a arrow next to the clock on my iPhone 11. The arrow is there all the time, every single second/minute/hour, it never goes away. When i go to privacy and then to location services every thing is set to never, when i then go to system services in location services the only 2 things on are find my iPhone and emergency calls and SOS. When i turn emergency calls and SOS off the arrow next to the time is still there, all the time. It only disappears when i turn of find my iPhone.

Why does find my iPhone need to send the location of the phone all the time? It was never like this in previous versions of iOS and on my old iPhone 6s with iOS 15 it still is not. Only on my iPhone 11 there is an arrow next to the time every single second/minute/hour and it only goes away once i turn of find my iPhone.

find my iphone problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.