Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Menu Choices

When preparing to download something, such as a form, touching the bottom center of that window brings up these choices. Zoom out and Zoom in are obvious. The down-pointing arrow launches the download. For what purpose are the round-corner rectangle and what might be an inkwell, or a dot glass (loupe). Since this is 2023, the inkwell idea is unlikely. But that’s okay; I'm 80. When I was in elementary school, inkwell holes were in our schoolroom desktops.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 12:36 PM

The third icon from the left in the screenshot you've shared will open the PDF you're viewing in Preview, the PDF reader that comes with macOS. View PDFs and images in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

The little icon outside the rounded rectangle actually is supposed to represent a dot glass/loupe, which can be seen more clearly in the app icon for Preview. 😊

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 12:36 PM in response to stanc1

The third icon from the left in the screenshot you've shared will open the PDF you're viewing in Preview, the PDF reader that comes with macOS. View PDFs and images in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

The little icon outside the rounded rectangle actually is supposed to represent a dot glass/loupe, which can be seen more clearly in the app icon for Preview. 😊

Mar 19, 2023 3:03 PM in response to bumbleben0

THANK YOU, bumbleben0! Much appreciated. I'm pleasantly surprised it is a dot glass or loupe. Many are the times when I saw the lithographers at their light tables checking registration on a process color rosette using such a tool. Are you involved in the graphic arts? I was a typesetter (Linotypes, Intertypes) in a letterpress shop, but before I retired, lithography made its presence known in a big way. Thanks again.

Download Menu Choices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.