Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign my son up on Apple TV family s

How do I sign my son up for Apple TV family subscription?

BRAVIAVU1,

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 1:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2023 1:00 PM in response to niskafam

Hi niskafam,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you'd like to set up Apple TV so you can share that with your son through Family Sharing. We'd like to help.

Is Family Sharing already set up for your family? We ask because you will need to do that first before setting up Apple TV. If it's not already set up, follow these steps to get it done:

Start a family group
One adult in the family — the family organizer — can set up Family Sharing for the group from their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If purchase sharing is turned on, the family organizer pays for family members' purchases and must have a valid payment method on file.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Family Sharing, then tap Set Up Your Family.
Family Sharing is listed in the second section, below Find My.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your family and invite your family members.

On your Mac with macOS Ventura or later
1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Family.
The Set Up Family button is on the lower right after you click Family.
2. Click Set Up Family.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your family and invite your family members.

On your Mac with macOS Monterey or earlier
1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.
2. Confirm the Apple ID that you want to use for Family Sharing, and make sure that Share My Purchases is selected.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Once set up, check out this link to invite family members to join: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Please note that to use Family Sharing, all members must live in the same country.

Once Family Sharing is set up, these steps will ensure that your son is able to view Apple TV content that is shared between the family: Set up Family Sharing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Take care!

How do I sign my son up on Apple TV family s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.