Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add a second phone number for a family member so that both phones are part of family sharing?

How can I add a second phone number for a family member to be included in family sharing group?

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Being part of Family Sharing is done by Apple ID, not contact methods. Adding an additional number would have to be done by the family member.

Read this article about managing the information you use with your account --> Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID --> Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

- "Update trusted phone numbers and devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID." Click here --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 5:39 AM in response to Butchbo

Being part of Family Sharing is done by Apple ID, not contact methods. Adding an additional number would have to be done by the family member.

Read this article about managing the information you use with your account --> Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID --> Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

- "Update trusted phone numbers and devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID." Click here --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

How can I add a second phone number for a family member so that both phones are part of family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.