Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won’t boot

Macbook pro (2019 16”) chimes but won’t go past a blank screen. Chimes, shuts down, chimes, shuts down repeatedly with nothing else happening. I’ve tried some of the key combinations w/ no luck.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Burnside_Dad Said:

"MacBook Pro won’t boot: Macbook pro (2019 16”) chimes but won’t go past a blank screen. Chimes, shuts down, chimes, shuts down repeatedly with nothing else happening. I’ve tried some of the key combinations w/ no luck."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Boot:

Try the Following:

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

• Bug Fixes: Connect an external screen. See if you can boot up and see it all. If so, try updating your Mac. Updates contain bug fixes.

• Reset the SMC and your NVRAMSometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Screen) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 6:58 PM in response to Burnside_Dad

Burnside_Dad Said:

"MacBook Pro won’t boot: Macbook pro (2019 16”) chimes but won’t go past a blank screen. Chimes, shuts down, chimes, shuts down repeatedly with nothing else happening. I’ve tried some of the key combinations w/ no luck."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Boot:

Try the Following:

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

• Bug Fixes: Connect an external screen. See if you can boot up and see it all. If so, try updating your Mac. Updates contain bug fixes.

• Reset the SMC and your NVRAMSometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Screen) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM

MacBook Pro won’t boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.