Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need help on deleting multiple duplicate contacts please

hello

i recently bought a new mac book air

after a few days i realised that there are multiple contacts (duplicates) created in my apple I phone as well as my contacts in Mac book

can you please help me delete the duplicate ones.

thank you

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 10:32 PM

Duplicates contacts ( they will be under iCloud section > in All iCloud ) are shown in Mac address book as well as in iCloud.com if these duplicate contacts are selected from Mac address book use command and A keys and click on command and delete key they will be deleted condition they must be in series and not randomly placed , as important contacts will also be deleted .

If they are randomly placed select important contacts that are not to be deleted in on my Mac section , just select use command and A keys , copy use command and C keys and paste use command and V keys .

The duplicate contacts can also be in various groups in iCloud.com Create a group of contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support created and they will be shown in All contacts of Mac address book ( see the first option ) .

You need to find out duplicate contacts from address book from various groups , All contacts , All iCloud and another way is create a group name as say duplicate contacts 1 find out all duplicates and club in this folder and finally delete this folder it will be removed from address book / iCloud.com

The article posted if you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud is for duplicate contacts in All iCloud .

Note : duplicate groups can't be selected to delete individual group Delete groups and Smart Groups in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

See this thread also I have duplicate contacts in my iCloud ac… - Apple Community

The duplicate contacts will be deleted from iPhone also that is synced with Mac .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 10:32 PM in response to geetraj

Duplicates contacts ( they will be under iCloud section > in All iCloud ) are shown in Mac address book as well as in iCloud.com if these duplicate contacts are selected from Mac address book use command and A keys and click on command and delete key they will be deleted condition they must be in series and not randomly placed , as important contacts will also be deleted .

If they are randomly placed select important contacts that are not to be deleted in on my Mac section , just select use command and A keys , copy use command and C keys and paste use command and V keys .

The duplicate contacts can also be in various groups in iCloud.com Create a group of contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support created and they will be shown in All contacts of Mac address book ( see the first option ) .

You need to find out duplicate contacts from address book from various groups , All contacts , All iCloud and another way is create a group name as say duplicate contacts 1 find out all duplicates and club in this folder and finally delete this folder it will be removed from address book / iCloud.com

The article posted if you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud is for duplicate contacts in All iCloud .

Note : duplicate groups can't be selected to delete individual group Delete groups and Smart Groups in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

See this thread also I have duplicate contacts in my iCloud ac… - Apple Community

The duplicate contacts will be deleted from iPhone also that is synced with Mac .

i need help on deleting multiple duplicate contacts please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.