Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone built in storage

So I have an iPhone 7 128gb and I’ve already used up like 80gb, can my iPhone 11 Pro Max 64gb be able to feed of off the remaining built in storage in the iPhone 7 if I register both of them under my 11 pro max 64?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 4:43 AM

No, unfortunately it is not possible to share the internal memory.

If both iPhones are signed in to the same Apple ID, they can share storage space in iCloud. You can buy more space in iCloud, but this will not change the space in your iPhone. iCloud is a Backup option, and not an extension of iPhone storage space.

You can get an overview of what is taking up space on your iPhone here:

SettingsGeneral iPhone Storage

You can read about the difference between iCloud and iPhone Storage here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

You can see how to buy more space in iCloud here:

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 4:43 AM in response to dimakatso164

No, unfortunately it is not possible to share the internal memory.

If both iPhones are signed in to the same Apple ID, they can share storage space in iCloud. You can buy more space in iCloud, but this will not change the space in your iPhone. iCloud is a Backup option, and not an extension of iPhone storage space.

You can get an overview of what is taking up space on your iPhone here:

SettingsGeneral iPhone Storage

You can read about the difference between iCloud and iPhone Storage here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

You can see how to buy more space in iCloud here:

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

iPhone built in storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.