Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epson v39 and Monterey

I want to make sure this flatbed (Epson V39) will work with my iMac running Monterey. Anyone using this?

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:32 AM

I don't have this scanner, though I see that only the Epson ICA drivers were released in Oct 2022 for Monterey. This is intended to support Apple's Image Capture and maybe Preview. The mainstream drivers and Epson Scan Utility 2 combination drivers have not been updated since Fall 2021, a year prior to the release of Monterey.

Unfortunately, VueScan Professional requires the Epson scanner driver (not the ICA driver) for the scanner as a prerequisite for scanner support.

Hopefully, someone can report that they are using the 2021 drivers with Monterey. Epson shows these same 2-year old drivers supporting Ventura too, and that is a big leap of faith.

Personally, I only use a scanner that VueScan Professional supports without vendor drivers. A lot less headache.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 10:32 AM in response to aj62

I don't have this scanner, though I see that only the Epson ICA drivers were released in Oct 2022 for Monterey. This is intended to support Apple's Image Capture and maybe Preview. The mainstream drivers and Epson Scan Utility 2 combination drivers have not been updated since Fall 2021, a year prior to the release of Monterey.

Unfortunately, VueScan Professional requires the Epson scanner driver (not the ICA driver) for the scanner as a prerequisite for scanner support.

Hopefully, someone can report that they are using the 2021 drivers with Monterey. Epson shows these same 2-year old drivers supporting Ventura too, and that is a big leap of faith.

Personally, I only use a scanner that VueScan Professional supports without vendor drivers. A lot less headache.

epson v39 and Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.