Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Navigator spedometer

Hi,

I used to use android, and the GPS was always showing spedometer along with the speed limit.

I started to use iPhone recently, but only it displays the speed limit without the spedometer.

How can display this item to the navigation.

Thanks

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 12:32 PM

Thanks for your reply

I will try Waze

Neither apple maps nor google maps display the car speed, only showing the speed limit without the car speed.

Google maps on Android displays the car speed, as well as the speed limit.

5 replies

Apr 3, 2023 8:41 PM in response to Axel Foley

Yes, Waze is displaying car speed and limit together.

But now we are missing the traffic and stop signs.

I used to use android before, google maps there is the best ever navigation app.

You can always find the max speed with the speed limit,and all other traffic and stop sign, which is extremely helpful while you are driving.

In Apple, unfortunately, you have to give up and compromise something.

I wonder if apple can offer such complete thing!

Ahmed

Mar 20, 2023 12:14 PM in response to aaMAHROUS

Which Navigation app are you referring to? Is this related CarPlay display when you are driving?

Apple Maps does NOT display actual speed on the display. It displays the speed limit when available.

Google Maps does NOT display actual speed on the display. It can display speed limit when available.

Waze will display both the Speed Limit (when available) and the actual speed of the vehicle.

Axel F.

Navigator spedometer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.