Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I take pictures with my iPhone. They upload to my iPad but not to my Mac. Why not?

Pictures taken on my iPhone upload to my iPad but not to my Mac. Why not?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:54 PM

What is the status bar showing in Photos on your mac? You will find the status bar below the All Photos tab of the "Library" section in Photos. Is ot still showing "Uploading"? While Photos is still uploading to iCloud and merging the photos into the iCloud Photos, it will not download new items from iCloud. Give Photos plenty of time to finish the current upload.

Also check for items "unable to upload" or "On this Mac only". These need to be fixed, or Photos may not be able to finish the syncing. See: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 11:54 PM in response to fritofromIrene

What is the status bar showing in Photos on your mac? You will find the status bar below the All Photos tab of the "Library" section in Photos. Is ot still showing "Uploading"? While Photos is still uploading to iCloud and merging the photos into the iCloud Photos, it will not download new items from iCloud. Give Photos plenty of time to finish the current upload.

Also check for items "unable to upload" or "On this Mac only". These need to be fixed, or Photos may not be able to finish the syncing. See: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

I take pictures with my iPhone. They upload to my iPad but not to my Mac. Why not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.