Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone 10s hacked need factory reset

My iPhone 10xp has been hacked I need factory reset

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:56 PM

Wombat2B Said:

"My Bank says my iPhone has been hacked. They have had many issues with they think remotely attacking???"

-------

About a Hacked iPhone:

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if it has been hacked, unless you know that it has been jailbroken. And, the only way for an iPhone to have hacked is if it has been jailbroken.

So, what to do...

Resetting to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then reset you iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 10:56 PM in response to Wombat2B

Wombat2B Said:

"My Bank says my iPhone has been hacked. They have had many issues with they think remotely attacking???"

-------

About a Hacked iPhone:

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if it has been hacked, unless you know that it has been jailbroken. And, the only way for an iPhone to have hacked is if it has been jailbroken.

So, what to do...

Resetting to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then reset you iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

Phone 10s hacked need factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.