Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Find saved passwords and passkeys on your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t set up Face ID

Face ID stopped working w iOS 16.1. I tried to set up again and just keep getting move phone lower. I have tried restarting, removing my phone case, setting up at night and day. Help!

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 6:28 AM

Have you tried doing it in a space with better lighting? Here's what Apple says about setting it up: "Make sure nothing is covering the TrueDepth camera or your face. If something is obstructing your nose or mouth, such as glasses or a face mask, you may be asked to remove these items temporarily during the setup process." Here are the specific steps if Face ID isn't working: If Face ID isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad Pro – Apple Support (UK)

Hope some of this helps!

-K

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 6:28 AM in response to Allysonamh

Have you tried doing it in a space with better lighting? Here's what Apple says about setting it up: "Make sure nothing is covering the TrueDepth camera or your face. If something is obstructing your nose or mouth, such as glasses or a face mask, you may be asked to remove these items temporarily during the setup process." Here are the specific steps if Face ID isn't working: If Face ID isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad Pro – Apple Support (UK)

Hope some of this helps!

-K

Can’t set up Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.