Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm locked out of my iPhone

Locked out of my phone. I reset the passcode via the Apple Support website, and when I tried to enter it in the phone, the lock-out advance to 8 hours... what did I do wrong?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 8:34 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2023 9:55 AM in response to regan191

It's possible that the passcode reset process didn't go through correctly or that you entered the new passcode incorrectly. You should wait the 8-hour lockout period and then try again, making sure to enter the passcode carefully and accurately.

If you still can't access your phone after the lockout period, try the following steps:

1. Connect your phone to a computer with iTunes installed.

2. Put the phone into recovery mode: Press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time until the recovery mode screen appears.

3. Follow the prompts in iTunes to restore the phone to its factory settings.

4. Once the phone is restored, you can set up a new passcode.

Note that restoring the phone to factory settings will erase all data on the phone, so make sure you have a backup before you do this.

If you continue to have issues or cannot access your phone after restoring it, call the direct Apple Support number on what to do next for further assistance.

OR

if you didn’t log yourself out and by any means you notice that your iPhone is being targeted by unknown Hacker before that happened,After the 8hrs If You Are Able To Logging I’ll suggest you Your iphone Settings and Click on privacy & security.

under privacy & security scroll up to the last option And Click On Lockdown mode

Note:only And Only If you believe or notices that you may be personally targeted by a highly sophisticated cyberattack. Most people are never targeted by attacks of this nature.

if That Is The case Then Turn It on And in addition You Can share your appleID with a friend just Incase of next time so you actually Can use them for password reset

I'm locked out of my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.