Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some iPhone-shot videos can't be imported to iMovie

Hi

I have 193 short videos shot with my iPhone that need to be imported to iMovie, but only 161 of them appear in the "import" dialog when I connect my iPhone (I can see all 193 videos on my iPhone).

I import the 161 videos, then return to the "import" dialog and check the "Hide Imported" checkbox.

No more video shows up in the dialog, which is particularly frustrating since the missing ones are scattered throughout.

Is there a way to import all (I mean: all 193) videos at once?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 11:00 AM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2023 12:55 PM in response to animas421

I don't know why 32 vids out of 193 won't import from your iPhone. It possibly is a format issue. Is the format for the troublesome clips different than the clips that successfully import? Also, do you have sufficient free space on your Mac to receive the vids?

Instead of importing directly into iMovie try importing into the QuickTimePlayer app on your Mac.

Another thing you can try is transferring the vids to your Mac with the Air Drop feature and see if that works.

If still no luck, you might post your question on the iMovie for iOS forum and see if the folks on that forum have any suggestions. Here's the link:

iMovie for iOS - Apple Community

-- Rich

Some iPhone-shot videos can't be imported to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.