Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open MacBook Air without trackpad or mouse available

My 2019 MacBook Air has a non-functional trackpad. I’m not able to enter my password because I can’t put the cursor in the right place to type it.

can I engage Bluetooth with the keyboard in order to log on?

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 1:03 PM

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities merry313,

If you already have a Bluetooth mouse paired with your MacBook Air, you should be able to turn it on and use it on the Login screen to sign in. If you do not already have a Bluetooth mouse paired with your MacBook Air, you will need to use a USB-connected mouse to sign in. Once signed in, you can then set up a Bluetooth mouse with your MacBook Air from the System Settings, following the how-to steps here: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support.

If the built-in trackpad continues not to work, we recommend getting in touch with Apple Support directly. They will have the tools and resources needed to further isolate and troubleshoot what is causing it to misbehave. You can do that here: Get Support.

Have a wonderful day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 1:03 PM in response to merry313

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities merry313,

If you already have a Bluetooth mouse paired with your MacBook Air, you should be able to turn it on and use it on the Login screen to sign in. If you do not already have a Bluetooth mouse paired with your MacBook Air, you will need to use a USB-connected mouse to sign in. Once signed in, you can then set up a Bluetooth mouse with your MacBook Air from the System Settings, following the how-to steps here: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support.

If the built-in trackpad continues not to work, we recommend getting in touch with Apple Support directly. They will have the tools and resources needed to further isolate and troubleshoot what is causing it to misbehave. You can do that here: Get Support.

Have a wonderful day!

Open MacBook Air without trackpad or mouse available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.