Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Superdrive

I have a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) and am operating MacOS Monterey. I recently received a USB Superdrive and am having difficulty getting it to work for the purpose I purchased it. My main objective was to read the many stock photo cds I have purchased over time and use the images in current projects. When I insert the cds, I get a message that my computer can't read the cd. Is there a way I can fix something so the Superdrive will read the cds and I can use the images purchased? I need to be able to access all of the images from the cds and thought the Superdrive would help me accomplish that. Any clear advice for a non-techie would be helpful. Thank you.

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 1:55 PM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2023 9:32 AM in response to tbirdvet

Yes, I connected the USB onto my iMac desktop directly. The images on the Photodisc are jpg files and high resolution jpeg compressed tiff files. These stock photo CDs were purchased quite some time ago...1993-1995. Could that be the issue? I was able to get a CD to work where I had saved some work files in early 2003, but the CDs with the stock photo images cannot be read. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

USB Superdrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.