Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text notifications

What exactly is a text notification because on on of my contacts has the bell icon saying it’s on but it seems like I get notifications from all contacts

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 10:33 PM

Lee2626mt Said:

"Text notifications : What exactly is a text notification because on on of my contacts has the bell icon saying it’s on but it seems like I get notifications from all contacts"

-------

About Text Notifications:

Are you getting notifications of a message from all contacts instantaneously? You could block these senders, if you wanted to.

1. Go Here: Block Phone Numbers, Contacts and eMails on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "Go to: Settings > Messages. Under SMS/MMS, tap Blocked Contacts. From these screens, you can add or remove blocked phone numbers, contacts or email addresses."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 10:33 PM in response to Lee2626mt

Lee2626mt Said:

"Text notifications : What exactly is a text notification because on on of my contacts has the bell icon saying it’s on but it seems like I get notifications from all contacts"

-------

About Text Notifications:

Are you getting notifications of a message from all contacts instantaneously? You could block these senders, if you wanted to.

1. Go Here: Block Phone Numbers, Contacts and eMails on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "Go to: Settings > Messages. Under SMS/MMS, tap Blocked Contacts. From these screens, you can add or remove blocked phone numbers, contacts or email addresses."

Text notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.