Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch sleep alarm going off on my iPhone

I am using the sleep app on my Apple Watch to set an alarm, and recently the alarm has been going off on my iPhone, which is normally in the other room, causing me not to wake up on time. I looked this up and it said the Watch needs to be in bedside mode, and it is, but still goes off on my iPhone.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 5:35 PM

Hello Ottobunny,

We are happy you brought that up. Yes, you need to be wearing the Apple Watch for the alarm to sound when you set it in the Sleep app.

Try setting the alarm with this method and see if the Apple Watch alarms sounds while you have it in Nightstand Mode: Add an alarm on Apple Watch – Apple Support

Set an alarm on Apple Watch
1. Open the Alarms app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Add Alarm.
3. Tap AM or PM, then tap the hours or minutes.
4. This step is unnecessary when using 24-hour time.
5. Turn the Digital Crown to adjust, then tap the Check button.
6. To turn the alarm on or off, tap its switch. Or tap the alarm time to set repeat, label, and snooze options.
7. Tip: To create an alarm that taps your wrist, but doesn’t make a sound, turn on silent mode.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 5:35 PM in response to Ottobunny

Hello Ottobunny,

We are happy you brought that up. Yes, you need to be wearing the Apple Watch for the alarm to sound when you set it in the Sleep app.

Try setting the alarm with this method and see if the Apple Watch alarms sounds while you have it in Nightstand Mode: Add an alarm on Apple Watch – Apple Support

Set an alarm on Apple Watch
1. Open the Alarms app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Add Alarm.
3. Tap AM or PM, then tap the hours or minutes.
4. This step is unnecessary when using 24-hour time.
5. Turn the Digital Crown to adjust, then tap the Check button.
6. To turn the alarm on or off, tap its switch. Or tap the alarm time to set repeat, label, and snooze options.
7. Tip: To create an alarm that taps your wrist, but doesn’t make a sound, turn on silent mode.

Cheers!

Mar 23, 2023 8:44 AM in response to Ottobunny

Hello Ottobunny,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. 

Please be sure to follow these steps when you set up your bedtime schedule in the Sleep app: Track your sleep with Apple Watch

You may also want to check that duplicate alarms are not enabled in the Clock app on your iPhone. If needed, also Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

Please reply back if you have any additional questions. 

Have a great day!

Apple Watch sleep alarm going off on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.