Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App , iCloud Drive

In the Files App > iCloud Drive , I have an MPEG-4 audio QuickTime Player .

It was extracted from the video , I don't know why it's in the Files App , but I would like to add it to my iTunes library .… I can't find help for this .

Thanks 🙏

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 11:20 AM

Hi SteelCityAnne,

As we understand it, you want to know if you can move audio from the Files app into the Music app. Is that right? We're happy to assist.

As it's not possible to move content to the Music app from the Files app, you'd need to look at other options if you wanted to play that audio file in the Music app. Your best bet would be to use a computer, where you could download the file using iCloud Drive and then possibly sync it to your phone.

This covers how to Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive. The steps would depend on whether you have access to a Mac or a PC.

Once you’ve transferred the audio file from iCloud Drive to your computer, you’ll need to import it into the Music app or iTunes:

Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

You can then use these steps to Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 11:20 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

Hi SteelCityAnne,

As we understand it, you want to know if you can move audio from the Files app into the Music app. Is that right? We're happy to assist.

As it's not possible to move content to the Music app from the Files app, you'd need to look at other options if you wanted to play that audio file in the Music app. Your best bet would be to use a computer, where you could download the file using iCloud Drive and then possibly sync it to your phone.

This covers how to Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive. The steps would depend on whether you have access to a Mac or a PC.

Once you’ve transferred the audio file from iCloud Drive to your computer, you’ll need to import it into the Music app or iTunes:

Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

You can then use these steps to Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Best wishes.

Files App , iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.