Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Siri remote acting erratically at times, especially scrolling through the live guide on YouTube TV

Sometimes the remote's D-pad up/down/right/left buttons either don't do anything or it starts scrolling through the guide then continues to scroll rapidly out of control and doesn't stop, even after removing my finger from the D-pad. I have tried unplugging the Apple TV 4K and resetting the remote. That may fix it for a short period of time but then it starts acting up again. Has anyone had this problem, and did you find a permanent fix for it? I would like to ask Apple support for help with this problem, but I don't find any place on their support website that lets me do that. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 11:32 PM

I've seen the remote get flakey as you describe, but the reset AND redoing the pairing of the remote seems to last. If you haven't seen it, this is the info you want: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support. Just jump to the last set of instructions:

If your remote still isn't working as expected, try pairing your remote to your Apple TV again. 

1. Point your remote at your Apple TV. Make sure that the remote is about three inches from your Apple TV. 
    2. Press and hold Back  (or Menu) and Volume Up  for five seconds.
    3. If asked, place your remote on top of Apple TV to complete pairing.

If it doesn't work or quickly goes funky again, contact Apple TV Support via this page: TV Support - Official Apple Support (Get Support link at bottom of page in case you missed it).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 11:32 PM in response to JohnCarrel

I've seen the remote get flakey as you describe, but the reset AND redoing the pairing of the remote seems to last. If you haven't seen it, this is the info you want: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support. Just jump to the last set of instructions:

If your remote still isn't working as expected, try pairing your remote to your Apple TV again. 

1. Point your remote at your Apple TV. Make sure that the remote is about three inches from your Apple TV. 
    2. Press and hold Back  (or Menu) and Volume Up  for five seconds.
    3. If asked, place your remote on top of Apple TV to complete pairing.

If it doesn't work or quickly goes funky again, contact Apple TV Support via this page: TV Support - Official Apple Support (Get Support link at bottom of page in case you missed it).

Apple TV 4K Siri remote acting erratically at times, especially scrolling through the live guide on YouTube TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.