Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block unwanted sender emails on iPhone?

Good day. how can I block unwanted sender emails. i have UNSUBSCRIBED

to these emails, they return. I sent them to my SPAM box and deleted those to TRASH then deleted TRASH…the little buggers keep returning. any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 9:38 AM

Once a spammer has your email, they will keep coming and your email address is being shared/sold. Unsubscribing is the worst thing you can do - it confirms that they sent it to a "live", real email address. So, short of abandoning that address and creating a new one, there is nothing you can do to stop them. After all, scamming and spamming are big business.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 9:38 AM in response to sjrinmo

Once a spammer has your email, they will keep coming and your email address is being shared/sold. Unsubscribing is the worst thing you can do - it confirms that they sent it to a "live", real email address. So, short of abandoning that address and creating a new one, there is nothing you can do to stop them. After all, scamming and spamming are big business.

Mar 23, 2023 9:51 AM in response to sjrinmo

You can't - having a very difficult password helps. But they get your address from a million online sources, so I have one address I keep to use for any site that wants one (but really doesn't need one) - that keeps the spam mostly confined to that address and I just delete them. Don't give out your "real" address except to friends or important business contacts and tell them all not to put your address on a "mass mailing" list.

How can I block unwanted sender emails on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.