Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT IMPORT MUSIC ON 16" MBP 10.15.7

I have my ENTIRE music library with a 30 year music collection on my 16" MBP using Catalina, 10.15.7. I have NEVER been required to sych my music library because I only have ONE device I use it on, my Mac. But suddenly, today, I cannot import some new music unless I allow my library to be transferred to or "synched" with the cloud. I DO NOT WANT MY LIBRARY ON THE CLOUD. Is there any way to bypass this nonsense?

If anyone has any creative suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. SJS

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 1:46 PM

A subscription to Apple Music is optional. As well as helpfully confusing the Apple Music subscription service with the iTunes replacement app being called Music, Apple have called the process of syncing your library via the Apple Music service Sync Library which are the same words that one might otherwise use for syncing via USB.

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 1:46 PM in response to Im.Not.Your.Mother

A subscription to Apple Music is optional. As well as helpfully confusing the Apple Music subscription service with the iTunes replacement app being called Music, Apple have called the process of syncing your library via the Apple Music service Sync Library which are the same words that one might otherwise use for syncing via USB.

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

Mar 28, 2023 10:52 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you, turingtest2, for taking the time and effort to respond to my issue. I have resolved the issue but through a very roundabout way; seems I can no longer just drag and drop files into Apple Music app, must go through a ridiculous process to do what used to be completely simple. Thank your for your time and effort to respond.

CANNOT IMPORT MUSIC ON 16" MBP 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.