You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you log out of your device iPhone to update your Apple ID in settings?

when you update your Apple ID in settings on your Ipad and Iphone, do you log out of it on each device or remain signed in?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 7:22 AM

When you update any information related to your Apple ID (including change of password) then, you remain signed in and do not get logged out. You may be asked ot enter your Apple ID password on your other devices to validate the change, however you will not be completely logged out.

Axel F.

2 replies

Mar 24, 2023 8:42 AM in response to Axel Foley

I had a few apps, Instagram, FB and Twitter hacked last week and had to sort out a lot of things (my passwords were too simple), since then Ive been a bit paranoid. Today I noticed my Apple ID said “sign out”, at the bottom of the screen, I wasn’t sure if I should leave it open or sign out…so thanks for your reply…x

Do you log out of your device iPhone to update your Apple ID in settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.