Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn off the two-factor authentication?

how to turn off the two-factor authentication? Trying to get my icloud email on the hotmail icon in task bar, and it keeps giving me a crazy error code, or tells me its out of date, it will not allow me to use that email. The information I have was to turn off the two factor Auth .

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 1:19 PM

For information about turning off Apple two-factor authentication, see the following from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

To get iCloud email in a 3rd party (non-Apple) app, use an app-specific password rather than your usual Apple password. See information in Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 1:19 PM in response to SassyMicki

For information about turning off Apple two-factor authentication, see the following from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

To get iCloud email in a 3rd party (non-Apple) app, use an app-specific password rather than your usual Apple password. See information in Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

how to turn off the two-factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.