Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad cover smells toxic?

Hey guys, I've had an Ipad Pro 16 for a few months now. I don't use it too much, but the cover (it's one of those laptop hybrid covers) has constantly smelled like chemical adhesive for a few months now. What should I do to remove the smell? I hope the smell isn't toxic or anything.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 12:42 PM

This question should be directed toward the manufacturer of the cover/case for the iPad. If it is a case made by Apple then Please contact 👉 Apple Support and ask the question.

Normally, these cases are made out of plastic and plastics have a peculiar petroleum smell when an item is new. It generally is not toxic however the smell should not be very strong and should begin to disappear with the use of the product. I still recommend that you contact the manufacturer and get a confirmation. Thanks.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 12:42 PM in response to lolmeme

This question should be directed toward the manufacturer of the cover/case for the iPad. If it is a case made by Apple then Please contact 👉 Apple Support and ask the question.

Normally, these cases are made out of plastic and plastics have a peculiar petroleum smell when an item is new. It generally is not toxic however the smell should not be very strong and should begin to disappear with the use of the product. I still recommend that you contact the manufacturer and get a confirmation. Thanks.

Axel F.

Ipad cover smells toxic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.